Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Another USA board about dating etc

Another USA board about dating etc,

I've seen a 300 pound women corner a much smaller guy and repeatedly grab at : his crotch.
: I heard a friend tell how he stopped at a ex-lover's home and she started : something he didn't want to finish (he was looking for comfort, not : sex). When he tried to back out, she started screaming "help" until he : consented (this was an apartment -- she had neighbors).
: Liberace told how he was 13 and workiong in clubs when a much older woman : singer drove him home and took his virginity. As he put it, "I think I : was raped." Check out a book called _The First Time_ (I don't remember : the editors' names) for the whole story. It didn't sound very enjoyable : for him, especially given his sexual orientation.
: I once sat with a friend who was a fundamentalist Christian who had made : the mistake in college of going out to dinner with another friend who got : her jollies from deflowering virgins (he didn't know this). It was the : first time he had ever drank (he was curious), and she used that to her : advantage. I'd never seen him cry before, and he did so for a long : time. He had expected to remain a vigin until his wedding night, and he : held that belief very strongly. As far as he was concerned, it wasn't : just that his life was over , but he had just damned himself to hell : because he had not listened to his church elders -- he had strayed and : would pay for it for eternity. I didn't ask her how she felt.
: But of course women don't rape -- they *initiate* young men.
: Or is this just the "myth of the heroic rapist" reversed?
: The hell of it is, every time I tell these stories, I start to hear : similar ones "off the record." I'm a journalist, but for obvious : reasons, I'm working on a fiction piece involving these stories. If : anyone would like to tell me of a similar incident, I think it would help : make the story stronger. I want to write it so that someone reading it : would be as disturbed I was when I first heard the recountings. It would : have to be something that couldn't be easily dismissed -- or forgotten. . .
I would be extremely surprised if it didn't happen. But you have to search for these rare cases...It's almost like an exception to the rule.
I speak from experience here. My "first time" was a case of acquaintance rape, and I was not the raper. In that particular case, the woman in question took advantage of my emotional state to get me into bed--despite the fact that I had told her not five days before that I did not want to sleep with her.
I have seen posted to this thread the idea that because the woman cannot invade the man with a piece of her body, it must be so that rape is harder on a woman emotionally than on a man. I cannot attest to what a woman might feel, but I can tell you how I felt: I sank into a deep depression for several weeks. I felt worthless and cheap. I was afraid of her. I wanted to avoid her, but I couldn't because we worked together on a club newsletter. Every time I was with her, it was painful: I was afraid (even when there were other people around) and I had flashbacks that did not make me feel good about myself.
I didn't ever want to have sex again. I didn't ever want to be close to a woman again, either. I went to friends for support and was told that I brought these kinds of things on myself, so I started to blame myself--which made me feel even worse.
I never reported this. I suspect that far fewer men (percentage-wise) who are raped in some way report it than women. And for women it is one of the most (if not the most) underreported crime.
In summary: I agree that forcible rape in many cases would not be possible (although I won't agree that it is never possible). However, there is no point to debating whether men can be raped or not: They can. I know. And I wish I didn't.
I remember seeing an old blaxploitation movie starring Jim Brown. There was a seen where a captured mafia guy was sort of raped and tortured by 3 babes (one white, one black, and one asian). They tied to guy butt naked to a chair, wrapped barbed wire around his dick, and then did stuff to him to get him hard. Ouch!! I think the movie was called "Three The Hard Way".
PS: Woman can easily rape a guy with a strap on dildo. She just has to find a way to restrain him or knock him out.
I was in Toronto, at York University, about 6 or so years ago, and I remember seeing an article in the campus paper about a man who had been gang-raped by three women. As I recall, he minded quite a bit.
(I don't have an exact citation, but it was the weekend of American Thanksgiving in 1989)
The editorial which accompanied the article was a well-done parody of all the reasons women get blamed for being raped...he was walking around at night, he was probably dressed in clothes which showed off a "bulging basket", etc.
And as for me personally, I very much would mind getting raped, no matter how "attractive" the rapist was.

The case I recall involve some gang girls who held a guy at knifepoint in a rural area while at least one of them raped him.
My own wife, who is more honest than most, admits to being guilty of two counts of "date rape" with a former lover.

"A 1988 study of sexually active college students found that 46.3% of the women and 62.7% of the men reported having had unwanted intercourse. Peer pressure, coercion, intimidation -- all led students into situations they later regretted." ---Time


It would be interesting to take a (discrete, careful) survey of sexually active college men and women today. I speculate that you'd find that most men have sex not because they want to, but because they want to be "one of the guys." You might find the same thing about a lot of sexually active women. And, lastly, you'll find that as far as actual rape (non- consentual sex) goes, women will outnumber men.
Again, this is all based on my own experiences and observations on a campus where there's a lot of alcohol and the frats practically run the social scene.

No comments: