Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Thread highlights from a USA rape/feminism board

Thread highlights from a USA rape/feminism board.

Some friends and I once "attacked" a guy at a party. We were 20-ish at the time. He was a harmless enough fellow, but kind of repulsive and girls tended to avoid him. It was obvious he was feeling left out. We felt bad for him but none of us wanted to engage with him because a little positive attention and the guy tended to attach himself to you like a barnacle, so we all did it together. Lunged on him and carried him off. I don't remember what exactly we did, but it didn't go too far. It made him happy, though, and none of us were stuck with him.


Well, don't know about the law, but I had to run for my life when i was a teenager from a group of Gypsy women who, I'm sure would have had 'fun' with me had I hung around. I imagine lots of people have urges, and it only needs the ability to get away with it to allow it to take over.

You may well be right. Having not actually experienced it I can't be sure. I remember a case in USA years ago when a beauty queen was obsessed with a Mormon missionary, and had him kidnapped by some men and tied to a bed, and she fulfilled her wishes on him for a couple of days if I remember rightly.


In the first case they were friends who knew me very well, and I later learned that one of them fancied me. In the second case, in South Africa, I was visiting their house-mate about something, and was waiting in her room. I didn't know the other 3 women in the house very well, but they came in and started tickling me. It was just innocent fun, but the puzzling thing was that in each case the way they attacked was virtually identical, as if, when you get 3 women together, that's what they do! I totally failed to escalate the conflict in each case, and missed some real opportunities!


I have indeed "seduced" a number of men, especially in my late teens/early twenties when I got a great thrill of the chase; however, I did not have sex with them, and also still did get consent after the seduction started.
It's a nice cat and mouse play; it's exciting, of course. But consent is still important. I would be devastated if I ever found out I played a roleplay with a stranger thinking he was loving it and found out later he was traumatized.


It seems that the convicted molester of a 5-year old had been paroled from prison after only serving two years. He apparently returned home to his wife, mother in law and an aunt.
The three women sneaked up behind him, while he watched TV, and wrestled him to the ground. They then tied him up, cut his clothes off and proceeded to go to work. These three gals then shaved his head and genital area, used something to "rape him anally" and then rubbed a "burning" ointment on his private parts. The gentleman was not pleased.
The paper said that two of the three gals was under arrest, as I recall.
The story was interesting on its own merits, but struck just a little too close to an occurance that almost killed one of my friends, once. Women can get darn mean- as my best friend Big Jim found out, once.
I won't post Big Jim's tale here

This in mind, I have had sex while intoxicated to the point of incoherence (my partner was sober), I have had sex after I have adamantly said no (goaded in fact, "Come on, show me you are a man), and I have had sex when I didn't really want to, to please a girlfriend who did. None of these things traumatized me though, and I personally would not consider them rapes. Many on this group have argued that (if they had happened to women) that these would be rapes. The Brown University case comes to mind.
But then, if you are looking for examples of grievous physical rape, why does the rapist have to be a women. Women tend to be less physically powerful than men, and with less "intrusive" gentitals, so of course there will be fewer rapes of this type.
Paul, if raped is defined as the law defines, then all your questions are answered affirmatively, men can be raped. However, even beyond that, so what if men are stronger. Women need only yell rape themselves to cover their crime. That threat alone might keep many men silent. So also, if the man defended himself physically and hurt the woman, she would only have to claim he assaulted her. Her threat to do that could keep him silent. You are assuming physical strength is all a man needs to keep from being raped by a woman, but you are wrong. Paul L

Actually, studies on randomly selected samples return figures of approximately 0.5%-1% of all rapes being female rapist, male victim. And that's the ones that admit it. I'd say the proportion is much higher than that because of the far higher pressures against reporting it, even in a survey rather than to the authorities.

You're so young. Medical evidence shows that a male can be induced to an erection in 'inappropriate circumstances' by stimulation of the prostate gland in 75% of cases. The short version of that is that a male can be forced to have an erection, and then forced to have sex. That's just the prostate. Anybody who has taken the trouble to check knows that, by restricting the blood flow out of the penis, a functional erection can be induced by anybody. In short words, that means just pinching the penis.
Further, regarding your 0.1% figure, I postulate that, in many cases, men have sex, not because they *want* it, but because they feel they are *required* to produce it. This is not to say that men don't like sex, but rather to stipulate that, regardless of that, many men have sex because they feel that they *must* perform. I would postulate that 80% of men have had sex when they did not *want to* have sex, simply because they felt it was required of them. That is your specious 'end of story'.
Just one question. If a man is approached by two women with guns, and for aesthetic sake , lets say they are ugly and unappealing to this man so that without the guns he would never 'consent' to sex. Do you believe if he got an erection so as not to be murdered and had 'sex' that he would be consenting to it?????
Check around, there are four cases in the US, about half a dozen in England, 30 or so in Germany, 9 that I know of in Sweden, 5 in Norway.. The biggest problem with male rape is that its laughed on by ppl, no one believes its possible at all. I myself know a guy who got raped by 6 women, he was rather strong, nice guy, and the police laughed their heads off when he wanted to report it.... Guess it has to do with the society we live in.
I agree. The particular case I was thinking of was one in which two women threatened a man with a razor, tied him to a bed, threatened to castrate him (actually holding the razor against his testicles), stimulated him to erection and had sex with him - something that I think would count as a "rape" no matter how strict your definition. However, as far as I know every relevant study ever done would agree that this sort of rape has far more male perpetrators than female perpetrators.

No comments: